Did you know?
There are multiple steps in the transplant process:
- You are evaluated for a transplant by the medical team at a transplant center.
- If accepted as a transplant candidate, you are registered on the national organ transplant waiting list. A living donor may also be identified and evaluated for living donation.
- You begin organizing your support system.
- You begin developing your financial strategy.
- Your waiting period begins.
- Your transplant takes place.
- Your medical team manages your posttransplant care.