Every patient needs an individual plan to cover transplant costs. Work with your transplant team to create an individualized financial plan.
You’re not alone
Financing a transplant raises many questions and concerns for patients and their families. Most transplant programs have social workers and financial coordinators who can help you with the financial details of your transplant. Depending on the structure at your center, one or both will help you develop a strategy.
Creating a financial plan
Understand the costs
Find the average transplant costs in the US. Learn about the medical and non-medical costs of getting a transplant.
Many insurance companies offer coverage for transplant costs but terms and benefits vary widely. Learn the basics of coverage.
Patients often rely on a combination of resources to cover the costs of transplant. Learn more about common funding sources.
Video answers frequently asked questions
- What costs are involved when having an organ transplant?
- How do I manage my organ transplant costs?
- What does a Transplant Financial Coordinator do?
- Should I be fundraising for my organ transplant and how?
- Who can help me with advice and assistance during my organ transplant?